I did my best to salvage the colours, I really did!
Redraw of the paper dolls from this deviation
And no, I am not just milking this thing for all it's worth. As it happens, the lovely ~kendra-m
, a school librarian from ALL THE WAY in Perth, Australia, requested a downloadable* version of the dolls for a display she wanted to set up (I wish my librarians went to such lengths
), but I didn't like the old ones so I drew new ones! And added some! WE HAVE:
Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger from those wizard books or whatever (oh my good gravy, have y'all seen the last movie yet??
), Tally and Shay from Scott Westerfeld's Uglies
(on the hoverboards, of course), sweet little Liesel and Rudy from Markus Zusak's The Book Thief
(stealing apples), and Pooh Bear and the gang from Winnie the Pooh
(I want to see that movie tooo!)
And regarding the rest:
Bruce Bogtrotter is still my hero; it takes a real man to eat a whole chocolate cake 18 inches in diameter in one sitting, just to defend his right to steal chocolate cake.
And I have yet to actually draw Alek's fancy prince's garb correctly.
And I spilled a little bit of stupid up on the page by Deryn, so if you could just cut around that that would be great. (it's pretty faint anyway, so it probably can't even be made out)(basically Deryn's on a pole)(Sorry, that was the first thing Mel said when she saw Deryn: "Can you give her a pole? She looks like she needs a pole," because what she actually needs is a rope which I did not draw. So I gave her a pole and one thing led to another...)
And JUST IN CASE there's anything that's a bit tricky to read:
- Max and Angel's wings might be a bit heavy. Either don't put them on cardstock or sticky-tack them to something
- little right-angle tabs will come in handy
- For Meggie (the girl in green climbing out from between the pages) stick something like a folded piece of paper between the pages to creat the illusion of her being slightly three-dimensinal
- some of them have really faint outlines, but most don't because I kind of assumed they'd all disappear in the scanning process anyway (I think it's just Jace, Deryn, and Fang)
- some of them already have little tabs on their feet too, but again, not all
- the little stacks of books can be used as step stools (I recall using some for Angel, I think)
- Doddle-Alek is being a typical politician.
All characters (c) their respective owners (I'mnottypingthatallout)
*And I'm not sure how well this'll translate to the printer, as I have no idea how
to make a downloadable version of something. A little resizing in Microsoft Word or something may be in order, and for that I apologize profusely, but I really am not computer savvy!
ANYWAY HOPE THIS SUFFICES! Have a lovely weekend, everyone!